Students perform in dance and musical theatre showcase
Performers in the showcase are K-6 students who are participating in the 21st Century Summer Camp at Mill Creek Elementary School. “Our team is proud of the students and all that they accomplished while working together for four weeks in performing arts at camp,” said Qadriyyah “Q” Tongori, education director of Bristol Riverside Theatre. “I know there are an array of transferable life skills such as communication, confidence, teamwork, problem solving, and innovation that children are exposed to and very much exercise while exploring the arts. My hope is that students will add additional life skills to their toolbox and feel empowered to apply those skills to their daily lives.”
The showcase featured the following performances:
• Dance: Group A and B danced to “Freeze” by T-Pain.
• Musical Theatre: Students sang “Tomorrow” from Annie.
• Dance: Group A executed a hip-hop dance style called Littlefeet to a Jiggy remix.
• Dance: Group B break-danced to “Breakers Revenge” by Arthur Baker.
• Musical Theatre: Students performed “Under the Sea” from The Little Mermaid.
• Dance: Group A performed a hip-hop routine to “Get It on the Floor” by DMX.
• Dance: Group B busted out old-school moves and grooves to “Motownphilly” by Boyz II Men.
• Musical Theatre: Students sang and danced to “We’re All in This Together” from High School Musical.